Vick's brother sentenced to 10 days in jail
NEWPORT NEWS, Va. - February 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Former Virginia Tech football star Marcus Vick has been sentenced to a 10-day jail term on a contempt of court charge.
The younger brother of Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick was sentenced Thursday. The charge stems from his failure to appear at two court dates for a charge of driving on a suspended license.
But as of Tuesday morning, Newport News jail officials said the 27-year-old Hampton resident hadn't yet reported for his sentence.
The Daily Press reports that police charged Vick in January 2010 with driving on a suspended license, his second such offense. He failed to show up for two court dates in 2010. He was in court last August to answer to the driving charges as well as two counts of failure to appear.
Information from: Daily Press
virginia, michael vick, national/world
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing Malaysian jet 35 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 20 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
24 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing...
35 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
20 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos