Ky. woman to be sentenced for taking boy from womb
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. - March 01, 2012 (WPVI) -- A southern Kentucky woman who pleaded guilty but mentally ill to cutting a baby boy from his mother's womb then leaving the woman to die is scheduled for sentencing in Bowling Green.
Kathy Coy of Morgantown agreed to a sentence of life in prison last month when she admitted to using a stun gun, then attacking 21-year-old Jamie Stice last year in an effort to take her baby. Sentencing is set for 8:30 a.m. CST.
Police say Coy and Stice were Facebook friends. Stice's body was found off a dirt road in southern Kentucky on April 14, a day after she had been seen leaving her home with Coy. Police arrested Coy at a local hospital after she arrived with the infant but showed no signs of having given birth.
kentucky, trial, national/world
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 9 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 27 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 34 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 5 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 31 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 38 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 13 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 1 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 33 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
5 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos