Ky. woman to be sentenced for taking boy from womb
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. - March 01, 2012 (WPVI) -- A southern Kentucky woman who pleaded guilty but mentally ill to cutting a baby boy from his mother's womb then leaving the woman to die is scheduled for sentencing in Bowling Green.
Kathy Coy of Morgantown agreed to a sentence of life in prison last month when she admitted to using a stun gun, then attacking 21-year-old Jamie Stice last year in an effort to take her baby. Sentencing is set for 8:30 a.m. CST.
Police say Coy and Stice were Facebook friends. Stice's body was found off a dirt road in southern Kentucky on April 14, a day after she had been seen leaving her home with Coy. Police arrested Coy at a local hospital after she arrived with the infant but showed no signs of having given birth.
kentucky, trial, national/world
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 10 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 16 min ago
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 18 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted 59 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 5 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?