Crashed Coast Guard chopper raised from Ala. bay
MOBILE, Ala. - March 01, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have hauled the wreckage of a Coast Guard helicopter out of Alabama waters but did not find the bodies of three missing crewmembers inside.
U.S. Coast Guard officials say the search continues for the missing men. A fourth man was found after the crash but died.
Coast guard officials identified the missing as Petty Officer 3rd Class Andrew Knight, Lt. j.g. Thomas Cameron, and Lt. Cmdr. Dale Taylor.
The MH-65C helicopter crashed on a training mission Tuesday evening near Point Clear in Mobile Bay.
One crewmember, Chief Petty Officer Fernando Jorge, was found unresponsive and later declared dead.
alabama, helicopter crash, national/world
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 20 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies