Crashed Coast Guard chopper raised from Ala. bay
MOBILE, Ala. - March 01, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have hauled the wreckage of a Coast Guard helicopter out of Alabama waters but did not find the bodies of three missing crewmembers inside.
U.S. Coast Guard officials say the search continues for the missing men. A fourth man was found after the crash but died.
Coast guard officials identified the missing as Petty Officer 3rd Class Andrew Knight, Lt. j.g. Thomas Cameron, and Lt. Cmdr. Dale Taylor.
The MH-65C helicopter crashed on a training mission Tuesday evening near Point Clear in Mobile Bay.
One crewmember, Chief Petty Officer Fernando Jorge, was found unresponsive and later declared dead.
alabama, helicopter crash, national/world
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 4 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 35 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
31 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
35 min ago