N.M. Police chase suspect in a stolen school bus
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - March 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A wild, high-speed police chase in New Mexico Friday involved a most unexpected vehicle.
The getaway vehicle is a yellow school bus.
Authorities say a man stole the school bus Friday morning from a bus yard in Albuquerque. There were no kids onboard.
Local and state police chased the driver on Interstate 40, but the bus blew through multiple spike strips without stopping.
Eventually, a deputy shot the driver.
school bus, theft, new mexico, national/world
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 26 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 7 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
7 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
26 min ago