Mega Millions ticket worth $250K sold in RI
CRANSTON, R.I. - March 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Rhode Island's lucky lottery streak continues, with a Mega Millions ticket worth $250,000 sold in Providence.
State lottery officials say the ticket for Friday night's $148 million drawing was sold at a convenience store at the Three Regency Plaza apartments. It matched five numbers but not the Mega Ball number.
No one has come forward to claim the prize.
Last week, an 81-year-old Newport woman claimed the $336.4 million jackpot for the Feb. 11 Powerball drawing. That was the sixth largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history.
A Powerball ticket sold in the town of Smithfield hit the jackpot a day later. The winner of the $60 million prize has yet to be announced.
rhode island, mega millions, lottery, national/world
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 9 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show