Utah boy, 8, takes 5-year-old sister on joyride
OGDEN, Utah - March 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Ogden, Utah, say an 8-year-old boy took his 5-year-old sister on a drive in the middle of the night and crashed the family minivan.
Nobody was hurt.
An officer noticed a vehicle had run into a tree next to the Ogden River at about 2 a.m. Thursday and stopped to investigate.
The young driver told the officer he needed to take his little sister to the store.
Police returned the children to their parents. Mom and Dad were asleep and didn't realize the children went on a joyride.
Ogden police Lt. Danielle Croyle tells The Salt Lake Tribune there's no evidence the children were neglected.
No criminal charges are expected, but Croyle says the minivan appears to be totaled.
utah, children, driving, national/world
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 31 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 20 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia