Utah boy, 8, takes 5-year-old sister on joyride
OGDEN, Utah - March 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Ogden, Utah, say an 8-year-old boy took his 5-year-old sister on a drive in the middle of the night and crashed the family minivan.
Nobody was hurt.
An officer noticed a vehicle had run into a tree next to the Ogden River at about 2 a.m. Thursday and stopped to investigate.
The young driver told the officer he needed to take his little sister to the store.
Police returned the children to their parents. Mom and Dad were asleep and didn't realize the children went on a joyride.
Ogden police Lt. Danielle Croyle tells The Salt Lake Tribune there's no evidence the children were neglected.
No criminal charges are expected, but Croyle says the minivan appears to be totaled.
utah, children, driving, national/world
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 47 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 48 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife 40 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
47 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi...
40 min ago