Car collides with LA's Expo rail train, 6 injured
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A spokesman for the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority says the collision occurred at a street intersection shortly after 4:00 p.m. Saturday.
Spokesman Jose Ubaldo says he has no immediate information on the extent of the injuries.
Footage from TV news helicopters shows the driver side of the vehicle crushed against the front of an Expo line train as firefighters used the Jaws of Life to pull the driver out of the car.
The cause of the crash is under investigation. There were no passengers on the train.
The Expo line connecting downtown to Culver City is set to open later this year.
train accident, los angeles, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 19 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 13 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 11 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 31 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
13 min ago