Car collides with LA's Expo rail train, 6 injured
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A spokesman for the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority says the collision occurred at a street intersection shortly after 4:00 p.m. Saturday.
Spokesman Jose Ubaldo says he has no immediate information on the extent of the injuries.
Footage from TV news helicopters shows the driver side of the vehicle crushed against the front of an Expo line train as firefighters used the Jaws of Life to pull the driver out of the car.
The cause of the crash is under investigation. There were no passengers on the train.
The Expo line connecting downtown to Culver City is set to open later this year.
train accident, los angeles, national/world
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere 58 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs