Floor of NYC house collapses under party
NEW YORK - March 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a floor of a New York City three-story house where a large party was taking place collapsed, injuring a dozen people.
The Fire Department said two people were hospitalized. One was seriously injured. Ten people refused medical attention.
Fire officials said the third floor of the private home in Far Rockaway, Queens, collapsed onto the second floor Saturday night.
One person was trapped and had to be extracted.
The cause of the collapse is under investigation.
Far Rockaway is a remote neighborhood on a peninsula south of John F. Kennedy International Airport. It is about 23 miles southeast of Manhattan.
new york, collapse, national/world
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released 7 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today 54 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 56 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion