Woman, 3 daughters shot to death at Mo. campground
BALLWIN, Mo. - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the four people found fatally shot at a eastern Missouri campground as a 37-year-old mother and her three daughters.
The Crawford County sheriff's department said Monday that Christine Adewunmi, and her three children, 8-year-old Lauren, 6-year-old Samantha and 3-year-old Kate, died of gunshot wounds. The family lived in Ballwin, some 20 miles west of St. Louis.
The sheriff's department said the bodies were found Saturday in a remote area at the Blue Springs Ranch & Resort, about 80 miles southwest of St. Louis. The department said each victim was shot once, and a handgun was found nearby.
Authorities initially said the deaths appeared to be a murder-suicide, but would not comment on a possible motive Monday.
Sheriff Randy Martin said Saturday that autopsies are planned.
missouri, body found, shooting, national/world
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 25 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 2 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 50 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
16 min ago