Police respond to report of Wash. shooting
LACEY, Wash. - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police dogs and a SWAT team are searching for a suspect who shot three people at a home in Lacey, about 60 miles south of Seattle.
Lacey Cmdr. Jim Mack told The Olympian newspaper there are unconfirmed reports about the victims' wounds: One is reported to be shot in the chest, another is shot below the waist and the third is shot in the head.
The suspect is reported to have fled on foot. Officers converged on the area and are using police dogs to help with the search. A SWAT team was also activated.
Eight schools were locked down Monday morning. No additional information was immediately available.
washington, shooting, national/world
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens to distant waters 10 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 16 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 14 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos