3 people shot in Lacey, Wash., home; 2 detailed
LACEY, Wash. - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three people were shot at a home in Lacey, about 60 miles south of Seattle, on Monday and a SWAT team surrounded another house after reports of a suspect in a dark hoodie jumping over fences and running through backyards in the suburban neighborhood.
Officers converged on the area and used police dogs to help with the search. A SWAT team was also activated and concentrated on another nearby home. A short time later, two people came out and were detained. It wasn't immediately clear if they were connected to the shootings, Lacey Police Cmdr. Jim Mack said.
One of the victims was shot in the chest, another below the waist and the third in the head, he said. There was no immediate word on their conditions.
Eight North Thurston schools were locked down Monday morning: Chambers Prairie, Horizons, Lakes, Mountain View, Woodland, Aspire, Komachin and Timberline.
Mack said the violence was atypical for the community of about 42,000.
"I can't remember the last homicide," he said.
washington, shooting, national/world
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 55 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 45 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 16 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
45 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos