3 people shot in Lacey, Wash., home; 2 detailed
LACEY, Wash. - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three people were shot at a home in Lacey, about 60 miles south of Seattle, on Monday and a SWAT team surrounded another house after reports of a suspect in a dark hoodie jumping over fences and running through backyards in the suburban neighborhood.
Officers converged on the area and used police dogs to help with the search. A SWAT team was also activated and concentrated on another nearby home. A short time later, two people came out and were detained. It wasn't immediately clear if they were connected to the shootings, Lacey Police Cmdr. Jim Mack said.
One of the victims was shot in the chest, another below the waist and the third in the head, he said. There was no immediate word on their conditions.
Eight North Thurston schools were locked down Monday morning: Chambers Prairie, Horizons, Lakes, Mountain View, Woodland, Aspire, Komachin and Timberline.
Mack said the violence was atypical for the community of about 42,000.
"I can't remember the last homicide," he said.
washington, shooting, national/world
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 14 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death 37 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 7 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman 55 min ago
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 38 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 18 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro