3 people shot in Lacey, Wash., home; 2 detailed
LACEY, Wash. - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three people were shot at a home in Lacey, about 60 miles south of Seattle, on Monday and a SWAT team surrounded another house after reports of a suspect in a dark hoodie jumping over fences and running through backyards in the suburban neighborhood.
Officers converged on the area and used police dogs to help with the search. A SWAT team was also activated and concentrated on another nearby home. A short time later, two people came out and were detained. It wasn't immediately clear if they were connected to the shootings, Lacey Police Cmdr. Jim Mack said.
One of the victims was shot in the chest, another below the waist and the third in the head, he said. There was no immediate word on their conditions.
Eight North Thurston schools were locked down Monday morning: Chambers Prairie, Horizons, Lakes, Mountain View, Woodland, Aspire, Komachin and Timberline.
Mack said the violence was atypical for the community of about 42,000.
"I can't remember the last homicide," he said.
washington, shooting, national/world
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 31 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 52 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 16 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
16 min ago