Ohio house fire that killed dad, 3 boys was arson
EAST LIVERPOOL, Ohio - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators say a weekend house fire that killed a man and his three young sons in far eastern Ohio was intentionally set.
The state fire marshal's office ruled Monday that arson caused the fire early Saturday in East Liverpool. Authorities aren't releasing details of how and where the fire started because of the ongoing criminal investigation.
Fire Chief Bill Jones says there are working theories on how the fire started in the two-story wood-frame home, but he wouldn't elaborate.
The fire killed 37-year-old Ulrick Estimot and his sons, ages 5, 7 and 11.
The Review in East Liverpool (http://bit.ly/y7z0WVA ) reports that two police officers who arrived at the burning home kicked in a door but couldn't get past the flames to attempt a rescue.
ohio, arson, child death, fire, national/world
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 19 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 26 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 23 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 30 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 5 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 14 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 25 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos