Ohio house fire that killed dad, 3 boys was arson
EAST LIVERPOOL, Ohio - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators say a weekend house fire that killed a man and his three young sons in far eastern Ohio was intentionally set.
The state fire marshal's office ruled Monday that arson caused the fire early Saturday in East Liverpool. Authorities aren't releasing details of how and where the fire started because of the ongoing criminal investigation.
Fire Chief Bill Jones says there are working theories on how the fire started in the two-story wood-frame home, but he wouldn't elaborate.
The fire killed 37-year-old Ulrick Estimot and his sons, ages 5, 7 and 11.
The Review in East Liverpool (http://bit.ly/y7z0WVA ) reports that two police officers who arrived at the burning home kicked in a door but couldn't get past the flames to attempt a rescue.
ohio, arson, child death, fire, national/world
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ