NYC construction collapse kills 1, injures 2
NEW YORK - March 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say one person has died and two others were injured in a construction collapse at a one-story commercial building in New York City.
The fire department says all three were initially trapped in the accident Thursday morning in upper Manhattan.
A spokesman for St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital says one victim was dead on arrival Thursday. One was in stable condition and the third was being evaluated.
In 2008, two construction crane collapses in the city killed a total of seven people within two months. In one collapse, a crane rigger was acquitted of manslaughter and all other charges. In the other, a manslaughter trial for the crane's owner began last month.
new york, new york city, construction accident, national/world
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 38 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 53 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 48 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 38 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
38 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
33 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
53 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos