NYC construction collapse kills 1, injures 2
NEW YORK - March 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say one person has died and two others were injured in a construction collapse at a one-story commercial building in New York City.
The fire department says all three were initially trapped in the accident Thursday morning in upper Manhattan.
A spokesman for St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital says one victim was dead on arrival Thursday. One was in stable condition and the third was being evaluated.
In 2008, two construction crane collapses in the city killed a total of seven people within two months. In one collapse, a crane rigger was acquitted of manslaughter and all other charges. In the other, a manslaughter trial for the crane's owner began last month.
new york, new york city, construction accident, national/world
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 8 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 55 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Firefighters battle 2-alarm fire in Willingboro 27 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
8 min ago