Man calls 911, tells dispatcher he shot his wife
TAMPA, Fla. - March 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Tampa, Fla., man called 911 and told dispatchers he killed his wife because he couldn't stand to see her suffer any more.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office released the 911 tapes Thursday, two days after authorities say 61-year-old Randall Willis shot Gilda Beth, also 61.
Records show Willis' home was foreclosed on and was scheduled for a public sale the day of the shooting.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/GQfQ39) reports Willis told the dispatcher his sleeping wife didn't know he was going to shoot her. He said his wife had been sick and that they'd "been through hell."
Deputies say the woman was shot once in the chest.
Willis was on the porch when deputies arrived. He faces second-degree murder charges and is being held in the Hillsborough County Jail.
florida, 9-1-1 call, national/world
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 10 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 55 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 30 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 51 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
55 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
30 min ago