Police arrest woman with cocaine in fake belly
SAO PAULO (AP) - March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they arrested a woman carrying more than 4 pounds of cocaine stashed inside a fake pregnant belly strapped around her waist.
The federal police says in a statement the 20-year-old woman was arrested Friday morning after arriving at the international airport in the northeastern city of Natal.
Police say the woman arrived from central-western Brazil and became nervous during routine questioning of passengers coming from areas where "drug trafficking levels are high." Police say the woman acknowledged she was carrying 2.1 kilograms (4.6 pounds) of cocaine inside the fake belly.
Also arrested was a man waiting for her outside the airport in a taxi. Police did not reveal their identities.
brazil, drugs, national/world
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 23 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire