Police arrest woman with cocaine in fake belly
SAO PAULO (AP) - March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they arrested a woman carrying more than 4 pounds of cocaine stashed inside a fake pregnant belly strapped around her waist.
The federal police says in a statement the 20-year-old woman was arrested Friday morning after arriving at the international airport in the northeastern city of Natal.
Police say the woman arrived from central-western Brazil and became nervous during routine questioning of passengers coming from areas where "drug trafficking levels are high." Police say the woman acknowledged she was carrying 2.1 kilograms (4.6 pounds) of cocaine inside the fake belly.
Also arrested was a man waiting for her outside the airport in a taxi. Police did not reveal their identities.
brazil, drugs, national/world
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 42 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos