Choir director found shot along interstate in Ore.
PORTLAND, Ore. - March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they don't know much about how or why a 29-year-old opera singer and church choir director was shot multiple times in a car along a Portland, Ore., interstate.
Officers found Brian Tierney in his vehicle Wednesday night on Interstate 205 after someone called police. The Oregonian reports (http://is.gd/GzENYU ) he required reconstructive surgery and remained hospitalized in critical condition late Thursday.
It was unclear if Tierney was pulled over when he was shot, but police say they don't think he was the victim of a sniper. They also don't suspect the shooting was a gang- or drug-related.
The man's father, Donald Tierney, says his son was "innocently going home" from his work as a choir director for a church.
Relatives say Tierney was unarmed. They also say he is married and has a young daughter.
The Oregonian reports Tierney has performed with the Portland Opera.
oregon, shooting, national/world
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 51 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 55 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 36 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
55 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos