Amtrak train delayed as wheels leave track in RI
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Amtrak train was traveling from Boston to Washington when its front wheels came off the tracks in North Kingstown.
Amtrak officials tell WLNE-TV (http://bit.ly/HowFUA ) that the 265 passengers on the Acela train were delayed for about half an hour Thursday afternoon until another train picked them up. There were no injuries, and a crane was brought in to lift the train back onto its tracks.
A woman who leaves across the street from the tracks, Kathy Eldred, said she heard several loud bangs when the accident happened.
It was unclear what caused the train to come off its tracks.
rhode island, train accident, national/world
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media 13 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan... 59 min ago
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013 18 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
13 min ago
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
59 min ago