Amtrak train delayed as wheels leave track in RI
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Amtrak train was traveling from Boston to Washington when its front wheels came off the tracks in North Kingstown.
Amtrak officials tell WLNE-TV (http://bit.ly/HowFUA ) that the 265 passengers on the Acela train were delayed for about half an hour Thursday afternoon until another train picked them up. There were no injuries, and a crane was brought in to lift the train back onto its tracks.
A woman who leaves across the street from the tracks, Kathy Eldred, said she heard several loud bangs when the accident happened.
It was unclear what caused the train to come off its tracks.
rhode island, train accident, national/world
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 39 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
21 min ago