Amtrak train delayed as wheels leave track in RI
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Amtrak train was traveling from Boston to Washington when its front wheels came off the tracks in North Kingstown.
Amtrak officials tell WLNE-TV (http://bit.ly/HowFUA ) that the 265 passengers on the Acela train were delayed for about half an hour Thursday afternoon until another train picked them up. There were no injuries, and a crane was brought in to lift the train back onto its tracks.
A woman who leaves across the street from the tracks, Kathy Eldred, said she heard several loud bangs when the accident happened.
It was unclear what caused the train to come off its tracks.
rhode island, train accident, national/world
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1