16 people homeless after Boston Apt. fire
BOSTON, Mass. - April 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters in Boston battled a 7 alarm blaze Sunday afternoon.
The fire broke out at an apartment building on the city's east-side around 2:00pm.
Intense heat and flames caused the roof to collapse.
All residents escaped safely, but 16 people, including three children, are homeless.
Damage to the building is estimated at $2.5 million dollars.
fire, boston, massachusetts, national/world
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 41 min ago
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 28 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 57 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
41 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos