Toddler rescued from China well
April 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A toddler in China has been rescued, after spending hours at the bottom of a 40 foot well.
The two year old boy slipped into the abandoned well Saturday in a village in the Yunnan Province.
Several attempts to lift the child with rope failed because of his size.
Firefighters had to pump oxygen to the boy because of the well's depth.
He was finally pulled from the pit Saturday night and taken to a nearby hospital for treatment
china, rescue, national/world
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 12 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos