Toddler rescued from China well
April 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A toddler in China has been rescued, after spending hours at the bottom of a 40 foot well.
The two year old boy slipped into the abandoned well Saturday in a village in the Yunnan Province.
Several attempts to lift the child with rope failed because of his size.
Firefighters had to pump oxygen to the boy because of the well's depth.
He was finally pulled from the pit Saturday night and taken to a nearby hospital for treatment
china, rescue, national/world
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 29 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 16 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Brisk And Cold
22 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
29 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
16 min ago