Mother of 2 slain SC toddlers in Columbia prison
COLUMBIA, S.C. - April 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 30-year-old South Carolina mother has begun a 35-year prison sentence for killing her two young sons.
Records show Shaquan Duley (shah-KWAHN' DOO'-lee) was admitted Friday to a maximum-security women's prison in Columbia.
Divers pulled the bodies of 2-year-old Devean and 18-month-old Ja'van from the North Edisto River in August 2010.
Last month, Duley pleaded guilty to murder in the boys' deaths, admitting that she smothered them with her hands, then put their bodies in the river, staging a watery crash scene.
Duley said she killed the boys after a fight with her mother over her parenting skills.
colombia, south carolina, child death, trial, national/world
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 15 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes