Mother of 2 slain SC toddlers in Columbia prison
COLUMBIA, S.C. - April 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 30-year-old South Carolina mother has begun a 35-year prison sentence for killing her two young sons.
Records show Shaquan Duley (shah-KWAHN' DOO'-lee) was admitted Friday to a maximum-security women's prison in Columbia.
Divers pulled the bodies of 2-year-old Devean and 18-month-old Ja'van from the North Edisto River in August 2010.
Last month, Duley pleaded guilty to murder in the boys' deaths, admitting that she smothered them with her hands, then put their bodies in the river, staging a watery crash scene.
Duley said she killed the boys after a fight with her mother over her parenting skills.
colombia, south carolina, child death, trial, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 47 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ