Dick Cheney released after heart transplant
WASHINGTON - April 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dick Cheney has been released from a Northern Virginia hospital after having a heart transplant.
The former vice president's office said in a statement that the 71-year-old Cheney was released Tuesday from Inova Fairfax Hospital Heart and Vascular Institute 10 days after receiving a new heart from an unknown donor.
Cheney waited nearly two years for the heart. He has had five heart attacks since the age of 37 and suffered his most recent one in 2010.
dick cheney, heart health, washington, d.c., national/world
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in 56 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids