2 charged with murder in Tulsa shooting rampage
TULSA, Okla. - April 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two Oklahoma men accused in a rampage that left three people dead have been charged with murder.
Alvin Watts and Jake England appeared via closed-circuit television from jail for their first court appearance Monday. A judge set their bond at $10,160,000 apiece.
Both are charged with three counts of first-degree murder, two counts of shooting with the intent to kill and one count of possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Neither man had an attorney present Monday. The judge set an April 16 court date.
Police describe the suspects as white and the victims as black but can't yet say if the attacks were racially motivated. Police are examining whether England was trying to avenge the death of his father, who was killed two years ago.
shooting, oklahoma, national/world
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ