2 charged with murder in Tulsa shooting rampage
TULSA, Okla. - April 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two Oklahoma men accused in a rampage that left three people dead have been charged with murder.
Alvin Watts and Jake England appeared via closed-circuit television from jail for their first court appearance Monday. A judge set their bond at $10,160,000 apiece.
Both are charged with three counts of first-degree murder, two counts of shooting with the intent to kill and one count of possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Neither man had an attorney present Monday. The judge set an April 16 court date.
Police describe the suspects as white and the victims as black but can't yet say if the attacks were racially motivated. Police are examining whether England was trying to avenge the death of his father, who was killed two years ago.
shooting, oklahoma, national/world
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 15 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 45 min ago
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 16 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 36 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
50 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
15 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
45 min ago