6-year-old dies in France floor collapse
PARIS (AP) - April 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- French officials say a floor has collapsed in a building where an Easter religious ceremony was being held, killing a 6-year-old and seriously injuring four other people.
The collapse occurred Sunday afternoon at a two-story house used by an evangelical group for religious ceremonies in Stains, a town near Paris. Local officials say a 2-year-old child and a 42-year-old woman are in critical condition, and around 30 other people are slightly injured.
Officials say that number could rise as about 100 emergency workers continue to work at the scene.
Between 100 and 150 people, mainly from the Haitian community, were in the building's second floor when it collapsed beneath them during a Mass.
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 10 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 5 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 18 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 21 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 9 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 11 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
35 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
11 min ago