6-year-old dies in France floor collapse
PARIS (AP) - April 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- French officials say a floor has collapsed in a building where an Easter religious ceremony was being held, killing a 6-year-old and seriously injuring four other people.
The collapse occurred Sunday afternoon at a two-story house used by an evangelical group for religious ceremonies in Stains, a town near Paris. Local officials say a 2-year-old child and a 42-year-old woman are in critical condition, and around 30 other people are slightly injured.
Officials say that number could rise as about 100 emergency workers continue to work at the scene.
Between 100 and 150 people, mainly from the Haitian community, were in the building's second floor when it collapsed beneath them during a Mass.
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 24 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 5 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
8 min ago