6-year-old dies in France floor collapse
PARIS (AP) - April 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- French officials say a floor has collapsed in a building where an Easter religious ceremony was being held, killing a 6-year-old and seriously injuring four other people.
The collapse occurred Sunday afternoon at a two-story house used by an evangelical group for religious ceremonies in Stains, a town near Paris. Local officials say a 2-year-old child and a 42-year-old woman are in critical condition, and around 30 other people are slightly injured.
Officials say that number could rise as about 100 emergency workers continue to work at the scene.
Between 100 and 150 people, mainly from the Haitian community, were in the building's second floor when it collapsed beneath them during a Mass.
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 30 min ago
- Shower In Spots 26 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 28 min ago
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze 15 min ago
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
30 min ago
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point...
15 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
28 min ago
- Shower In Spots
26 min ago