Suspect in 3 Mississippi slayings falls to death
BAY ST. LOUIS, Miss. - April 09, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man killed his mother, stepfather and girlfriend at their Mississippi home before he climbed a cellphone tower and plunged about 300 feet to his death.
The Sun Herald reports (http://bit.ly/Hrkr1Y ) the triple homicide occurred Saturday in Bay St. Louis, which is along the Gulf Coast.
No motive has been disclosed in the killings.
Authorities identified the victims in the Bay St. Louis slayings as Wilton Bernard Jr., his wife, Jeanie Bernard, and Kathleen Deese.
The suspect, Anthony Garrett, died later Saturday night as authorities tried to talk him down from a tower in nearby Waveland.
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 29 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 27 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 5-alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 9 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
29 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos