Alligator visits Louisiana motel, bites guest
PORT ALLEN, La. - April 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Louisiana say a 6-foot alligator showed up at the front door of a Super 8 Motel outside Baton Rouge and bit a guest.
West Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff Mike Cazes tells The Advocate (http://bit.ly/HN7YDO) his office got the call about the alligator around 4 p.m. Wednesday in Port Allen.
Matt Marszal, the motel's front desk clerk, says the gator bit one of the motel guests who tried to catch it before Animal Control workers showed up.
Marszal said the man was taken to the hospital. Once Animal Control workers arrived, he said the gator was subdued within 5 minutes.
louisiana, animals, animal attacks, national/world
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 3 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 14 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos