Alligator visits Louisiana motel, bites guest
PORT ALLEN, La. - April 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Louisiana say a 6-foot alligator showed up at the front door of a Super 8 Motel outside Baton Rouge and bit a guest.
West Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff Mike Cazes tells The Advocate (http://bit.ly/HN7YDO) his office got the call about the alligator around 4 p.m. Wednesday in Port Allen.
Matt Marszal, the motel's front desk clerk, says the gator bit one of the motel guests who tried to catch it before Animal Control workers showed up.
Marszal said the man was taken to the hospital. Once Animal Control workers arrived, he said the gator was subdued within 5 minutes.
louisiana, animals, animal attacks, national/world
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 33 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 55 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose