Judge to issue verdict in 50-year-old rape case
SYCAMORE, Ill. - April 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Seattle man charged with sexually assaulting an Illinois teenager 50 years ago is set to discover his fate.
Jack McCullough is accused of rape and indecent liberties with a child in Sycamore, Ill., in 1962. His accuser testified Tuesday that she was 14 when McCullough raped her and allowed two other men to do the same.
DeKalb County Judge Robbin Stuckert says she will reach a verdict Thursday.
The Daily Chronicle reports (http://bit.ly/HBya7w ) that prosecutor Victor Escarcida said McCullough took advantage of the teen while he held a position of authority and trust.
Public Defender Regina Harris argued no one can corroborate the victim's story and there is no physical evidence.
McCullough is charged with the 1957 kidnapping and murder of a 7-year-old Sycamore girl in a separate trial.
illinois, rape, homicide, trial, national/world
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday 50 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on 48 min ago
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move...
48 min ago