Clinton to stump for Pa. AG hopeful Kathleen Kane
WILLOW GROVE, Pa. (AP) - April 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Kathleen Kane, a candidate for the Democratic nomination for state attorney general, is getting some high-powered campaign help from Bill Clinton.
The former president attended a Thursday night rally for Kane at Upper Moreland High School in Willow Grove.
Kane worked on Hillary Clinton's 2008 campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination, which she lost to now-President Barack Obama.
On Monday, Obama's political strategist, David Axelrod, campaigned in Philadelphia for Kane's opponent, former U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy.
Also Thursday, The Philadelphia Inquirer endorsed Kane in the Democratic attorney general's race.
The newspaper said both candidates are qualified, but that Kane's experience in Pennsylvania's criminal justice system as a former Lackawanna County prosecutor gives her the edge over Murphy's experience as an Army lawyer and congressman.
hillary clinton, pennsylvania, election, national/world
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 21 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 50 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
22 min ago