Military IDs 2 Marines killed in Morocco crash
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- The military has identified the two Marines killed in the crash of an MV-22 Osprey in Morocco.
The Marine Corps says Cpl. Robby Reyes of Los Angeles and Cpl. Derek Kerns of Fort Dix, N.J., died Wednesday in the training exercise. Both were MV-22 crew chiefs and were based at New River Air Station in North Carolina.
Reyes had joined the Marines in 2007. Kerns had joined a year later.
The military said it would not provide the names of two Marines injured in the crash.
A Marine spokesman said earlier this week that the Osprey crashed in a training area southwest of Agadir, Morocco, after taking off from the amphibious assault ship USS Iwo Jima.
The 10-day exercise is to end April 17 and involves about 1,200 U.S. military personnel.
north carolina, u.s. marine corps, military, accident, national/world
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 2 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 19 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 4 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 23 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
4 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
23 min ago