Bullet leaves hole in Boston boy's Celtics shirt
BOSTON - April 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 9-year-old Boston boy says divine intervention saved his life when a bullet fired in the street outside his home came through his bedroom wall and left a smoking hole in the Boston Celtics jersey he was wearing.
Preston Stevens says he felt some sort of force push him before the bullet went through his Rajon Rondo jersey Tuesday afternoon, barely missing his torso. He says "it was like God" pushed him. He saw and smelled smoke.
The third-grader's mother, Sharon Jackson, says she heard a series of pops at about 3 p.m. and yelled at her children to get down.
Police found a bullet in the boy's bedroom and casings in the street but are still looking for the shooter.
Meanwhile, Preston's bed has been moved away from the window.
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park 1 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia 59 min ago
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos