Bullet leaves hole in Boston boy's Celtics shirt
BOSTON - April 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 9-year-old Boston boy says divine intervention saved his life when a bullet fired in the street outside his home came through his bedroom wall and left a smoking hole in the Boston Celtics jersey he was wearing.
Preston Stevens says he felt some sort of force push him before the bullet went through his Rajon Rondo jersey Tuesday afternoon, barely missing his torso. He says "it was like God" pushed him. He saw and smelled smoke.
The third-grader's mother, Sharon Jackson, says she heard a series of pops at about 3 p.m. and yelled at her children to get down.
Police found a bullet in the boy's bedroom and casings in the street but are still looking for the shooter.
Meanwhile, Preston's bed has been moved away from the window.
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 32 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 46 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted 13 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 55 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash