Bullet leaves hole in Boston boy's Celtics shirt
BOSTON - April 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 9-year-old Boston boy says divine intervention saved his life when a bullet fired in the street outside his home came through his bedroom wall and left a smoking hole in the Boston Celtics jersey he was wearing.
Preston Stevens says he felt some sort of force push him before the bullet went through his Rajon Rondo jersey Tuesday afternoon, barely missing his torso. He says "it was like God" pushed him. He saw and smelled smoke.
The third-grader's mother, Sharon Jackson, says she heard a series of pops at about 3 p.m. and yelled at her children to get down.
Police found a bullet in the boy's bedroom and casings in the street but are still looking for the shooter.
Meanwhile, Preston's bed has been moved away from the window.
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos