Police: 10-year-old boy mistakenly served alcohol
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - April 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a boy celebrating his 10th birthday was accidentally served an alcoholic drink at an Indianapolis restaurant.
According to the police report, the boy ordered a smoothie at an Olive Garden in Indianapolis on Thursday night but was mistakenly given a rum drink.
Police say he drank about half of the 4-ounce drink before a supervisor notified the parents about the mistake.
The parents said they took their son to a hospital as a precaution. The boy was alert but a little shaken up.
An Olive Garden spokeswoman says the waitress has been fired. Indiana Child Protective Services is investigating to determine whether any charges should be filed.
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies