Police: 10-year-old boy mistakenly served alcohol
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - April 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a boy celebrating his 10th birthday was accidentally served an alcoholic drink at an Indianapolis restaurant.
According to the police report, the boy ordered a smoothie at an Olive Garden in Indianapolis on Thursday night but was mistakenly given a rum drink.
Police say he drank about half of the 4-ounce drink before a supervisor notified the parents about the mistake.
The parents said they took their son to a hospital as a precaution. The boy was alert but a little shaken up.
An Olive Garden spokeswoman says the waitress has been fired. Indiana Child Protective Services is investigating to determine whether any charges should be filed.
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 15 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 10 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp. 55 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 3 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 19 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
50 min ago