Suspect makes escape attempt at Phoenix airport
PHOENIX - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a prisoner is back in custody after he was caught by airline workers while trying to escape at Phoenix's airport.
Police say 22-year-old John Riebesel was being extradited from Detroit when he managed to get away from two Yavapai County sheriff's deputies at Sky Harbor International Airport Thursday evening.
KSAZ-TV reports (http://bit.ly/IlZQxt ) Riebesel found his way onto the tarmac, but was spotted by a US Airways employee.
Other US Airways employees came to the aid of the first and detained him until police arrived.
The station says that he somehow removed an ankle bracelet that officers could have used to give him an electrical shock.
Authorities say Riebesel is accused of drug violations Yavapai County, and is now facing escape and other charges in Maricopa County.
- Bear spotted in Bucks County
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida 53 min ago
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Video: Caught on tape: Huge tornado in Kansas 59 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
53 min ago
- Caught on tape: Huge tornado in Kansas
59 min ago