Vikings RB King arrested on suspicion of assault
OAK GROVE, Minn. (AP) - April 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say Minnesota Vikings running back Caleb King has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting another man.
The Anoka County sheriff's office says King was arrested Saturday.
Authorities say King assaulted a 22-year-old man, causing skull and facial fractures and cuts that required more than 50 stitches to close. The man is hospitalized in serious condition.
King signed with the Vikings as a rookie free agent last year but didn't play in a game. The 24-year-old from Liburne, Ga., is being held on a tentative charge of third-degree assault.
The sheriff's department says King assaulted the victim after the man teased King about resembling a certain celebrity.
Sheriff's Cmdr. Paul Sommer says King denies assaulting the man, saying the victim fell to the ground when King was talking to him.
assault, minnesota, nfl, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 35 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 34 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 58 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 36 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
32 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
34 min ago