Vikings RB King arrested on suspicion of assault
OAK GROVE, Minn. (AP) - April 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say Minnesota Vikings running back Caleb King has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting another man.
The Anoka County sheriff's office says King was arrested Saturday.
Authorities say King assaulted a 22-year-old man, causing skull and facial fractures and cuts that required more than 50 stitches to close. The man is hospitalized in serious condition.
King signed with the Vikings as a rookie free agent last year but didn't play in a game. The 24-year-old from Liburne, Ga., is being held on a tentative charge of third-degree assault.
The sheriff's department says King assaulted the victim after the man teased King about resembling a certain celebrity.
Sheriff's Cmdr. Paul Sommer says King denies assaulting the man, saying the victim fell to the ground when King was talking to him.
assault, minnesota, nfl, national/world
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete 1 min ago
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall 33 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Butkovitz an early winner as Pa. primary ballots are tallied
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins 27 min ago
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly...
1 min ago