Vikings RB King arrested on suspicion of assault
OAK GROVE, Minn. (AP) - April 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say Minnesota Vikings running back Caleb King has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting another man.
The Anoka County sheriff's office says King was arrested Saturday.
Authorities say King assaulted a 22-year-old man, causing skull and facial fractures and cuts that required more than 50 stitches to close. The man is hospitalized in serious condition.
King signed with the Vikings as a rookie free agent last year but didn't play in a game. The 24-year-old from Liburne, Ga., is being held on a tentative charge of third-degree assault.
The sheriff's department says King assaulted the victim after the man teased King about resembling a certain celebrity.
Sheriff's Cmdr. Paul Sommer says King denies assaulting the man, saying the victim fell to the ground when King was talking to him.
assault, minnesota, nfl, national/world
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 53 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 14 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 40 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Brisk And Cold
46 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
53 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
14 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
40 min ago