7 killed as bus crashes on way to Tokyo Disneyland
TOKYO (AP) - April 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A bus carrying dozens of vacationers to Tokyo Disneyland has crashed on a highway, killing seven passengers.
Police say the other 38 passengers and the driver were injured in Sunday morning's accident on a highway in Gunma, north of Tokyo.
The bus crashed into a roadside wall. Steel wall panels sliced the vehicle in half.
Police are investigating the cause. They say all the passengers are believed to be Japanese nationals, mostly young adults.
Police were having difficulty identifying the bodies. Six of those killed were women.
The crash happened as Japan head into the "Golden Week" holidays this week.
japan, disney, accident, national/world
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier