Jury selected in Michigan stabbings murder trial
FLINT, Mich. - May 03, 2012 (WPVI) -- A jury has been selected in the first Michigan murder trial for a man accused of a deadly series of stabbings.
After two days of screening candidates, lawyers and a judge returned to court Thursday and settled on 12 people and four alternates. Opening statements are set for Tuesday in the trial of Elias Abuelazam (E'-lee-us ah-BOOL'-ah-zahm).
The 35-year-old native of Israel is charged with killing Arnold Minor in summer 2010. He was the last stabbing victim before Abuelazam was captured at an Atlanta airport.
Fourteen people were stabbed in the Flint area two years ago. Abuelazam is charged with three murders and six attempted murders. He's also charged with attempted murder in Toledo, Ohio, and suspected in similar attacks in Leesburg, Va.
Abuelazam's attorney might offer an insanity defense.
michigan, stabbing, trial, national/world
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 8 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
8 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos