Jury selected in Michigan stabbings murder trial
FLINT, Mich. - May 03, 2012 (WPVI) -- A jury has been selected in the first Michigan murder trial for a man accused of a deadly series of stabbings.
After two days of screening candidates, lawyers and a judge returned to court Thursday and settled on 12 people and four alternates. Opening statements are set for Tuesday in the trial of Elias Abuelazam (E'-lee-us ah-BOOL'-ah-zahm).
The 35-year-old native of Israel is charged with killing Arnold Minor in summer 2010. He was the last stabbing victim before Abuelazam was captured at an Atlanta airport.
Fourteen people were stabbed in the Flint area two years ago. Abuelazam is charged with three murders and six attempted murders. He's also charged with attempted murder in Toledo, Ohio, and suspected in similar attacks in Leesburg, Va.
Abuelazam's attorney might offer an insanity defense.
michigan, stabbing, trial, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 44 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ