Police ID 2 women shot at Md. church
ELLICOTT CITY, Md. - May 04, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say the administrative assistant of a Maryland church was killed and a church rector was wounded in a shooting.
Howard County Police on Friday identified the slain woman as 59-year-old Brenda Brewington. She was pronounced dead Thursday evening at St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Ellicott City.
Police spokeswoman Sherry Llewellyn says the co-rector, 62-year-old Mary-Marguerite Kohn of Halethorpe, remains in critical condition at Shock Trauma in Baltimore. Llewellyn says police are working to identify the suspect, a man found dead in the nearby woods of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Police found a gun near the man's body.
A church custodian reported to police at about 5:20 p.m. Thursday that he found the two women inside a church office.
Ellicott City is about 14 miles west of Baltimore.
maryland, shooting, national/world
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible 41 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping 50 min ago
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician 18 min ago
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings 49 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
50 min ago
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
49 min ago