Police ID 2 women shot at Md. church
ELLICOTT CITY, Md. - May 04, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say the administrative assistant of a Maryland church was killed and a church rector was wounded in a shooting.
Howard County Police on Friday identified the slain woman as 59-year-old Brenda Brewington. She was pronounced dead Thursday evening at St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Ellicott City.
Police spokeswoman Sherry Llewellyn says the co-rector, 62-year-old Mary-Marguerite Kohn of Halethorpe, remains in critical condition at Shock Trauma in Baltimore. Llewellyn says police are working to identify the suspect, a man found dead in the nearby woods of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Police found a gun near the man's body.
A church custodian reported to police at about 5:20 p.m. Thursday that he found the two women inside a church office.
Ellicott City is about 14 miles west of Baltimore.
maryland, shooting, national/world
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 49 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 36 min ago