Teen's sweet prom dress made of Starburst wrappers
ISHPEMING, Mich. (AP) - May 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A northern Michigan teen put together one sweet prom dress, thanks to the help of classmates who collected thousands of Starburst wrappers for her.
Diane McNease tells WLUC-TV that she came up with the idea of making her prom dress out of candy wrappers when she saw a friend folding some. She estimates it took about 18,000 Starburst wrappers to make the corset of her dress, as well as matching hair bands and a purse.
The Ishpeming High School student wore the dress to Saturday's prom in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
The top half of the dress is made out of folded wrappers and the bottom looks more like a traditional gown. It took about five months to make, with help from family and friends.
- Search for missing college student from Skippack 47 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos