Teen's sweet prom dress made of Starburst wrappers
ISHPEMING, Mich. (AP) - May 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A northern Michigan teen put together one sweet prom dress, thanks to the help of classmates who collected thousands of Starburst wrappers for her.
Diane McNease tells WLUC-TV that she came up with the idea of making her prom dress out of candy wrappers when she saw a friend folding some. She estimates it took about 18,000 Starburst wrappers to make the corset of her dress, as well as matching hair bands and a purse.
The Ishpeming High School student wore the dress to Saturday's prom in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
The top half of the dress is made out of folded wrappers and the bottom looks more like a traditional gown. It took about five months to make, with help from family and friends.
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 34 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 21 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 4 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 3 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Wintry Weekend
21 min ago