Obama staffer to testify at John Edwards trail
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) - May 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former campaign spokeswoman for John Edwards will testify about a 2007 argument where the presidential candidate's wife confronted donors about support for her husband's pregnant mistress.
Jennifer Palmieri is expected to testify at Edwards' corruption trial Wednesday that she was in an Iowa hotel room in October 2007 when Elizabeth Edwards confronted campaign finance chairman Fred Baron and his wife about the couple's financial help to Rielle Hunter. John Edwards was also there.
According to Palmieri, Baron tried to calm Edwards' angry wife by saying Hunter was a "loose cannon" who had to be kept happy, lest she go to the press.
Palmieri is now the deputy communications director for President Barack Obama.
Edwards has pleaded not guilty to six criminal counts related to campaign finance violations.
john edwards, president barack obama, trial, national/world
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose