Obama staffer to testify at John Edwards trail
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) - May 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former campaign spokeswoman for John Edwards will testify about a 2007 argument where the presidential candidate's wife confronted donors about support for her husband's pregnant mistress.
Jennifer Palmieri is expected to testify at Edwards' corruption trial Wednesday that she was in an Iowa hotel room in October 2007 when Elizabeth Edwards confronted campaign finance chairman Fred Baron and his wife about the couple's financial help to Rielle Hunter. John Edwards was also there.
According to Palmieri, Baron tried to calm Edwards' angry wife by saying Hunter was a "loose cannon" who had to be kept happy, lest she go to the press.
Palmieri is now the deputy communications director for President Barack Obama.
Edwards has pleaded not guilty to six criminal counts related to campaign finance violations.
john edwards, president barack obama, trial, national/world
- Charges dropped against fmr. Montco GOP leader
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery 47 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 49 min ago
- Greyhound passengers stranded for hours in Del. 40 min ago
- Officer-involved accident in Ewing Township 13 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware
- New uncertainty about missing Malaysian plane 8 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade