W.Va. woman trapped in wrecked van nearly 3 days
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A West Virginia woman is recovering after she was trapped in her wrecked van for almost three days and crawled out to reach help.
Authorities in Monongalia County say 41-year-old Veronica McFoy lost control of her van on a rural road Monday. It went over an embankment and landed in an overgrown area not visible from the road.
Her husband told The Dominion Post that she broke vertebrae, ribs and her chest bone. She wasn't able to use a tool inside to break a window until Thursday. She crawled out to the road and flagged down help.
She was in fair condition Friday at Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown.
west virginia, national/world
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 33 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 59 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 53 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes 47 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Tracking Weekend Storm
33 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos