W.Va. woman trapped in wrecked van nearly 3 days
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A West Virginia woman is recovering after she was trapped in her wrecked van for almost three days and crawled out to reach help.
Authorities in Monongalia County say 41-year-old Veronica McFoy lost control of her van on a rural road Monday. It went over an embankment and landed in an overgrown area not visible from the road.
Her husband told The Dominion Post that she broke vertebrae, ribs and her chest bone. She wasn't able to use a tool inside to break a window until Thursday. She crawled out to the road and flagged down help.
She was in fair condition Friday at Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown.
west virginia, national/world
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 8 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 1 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club 59 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 58 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 12 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip...
59 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
1 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off...
12 min ago