Beau Biden proud of his dad, Obama on gay marriage
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - May 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden says he's proud of his father, Vice President Joe Biden, and President Barack Obama for saying gay people should have the right to marry.
In an e-mail to supporters Saturday, Beau Biden says allowing same-sex marriage is a question of civil rights and equality. He says "marriage discrimination" results in the government telling people who to love and that denying equal rights is wrong.
Beau Biden also discussed his views Friday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." He says his dad "spoke from his heart" when saying he's comfortable with same-sex marriage ahead of the president. Beau Biden says it's a historic moment for the president and vice president to support gay marriage.
Delaware lawmakers authorized civil unions last year. That law took effect this year.
beau biden, gay marriage, vice president joe biden, president barack obama, national/world
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily 38 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth