Dog custody battle costs NYC man more than $60,000
NEW YORK (AP) - May 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New York City man has spent more than $60,000 in lawyers' fees trying to win custody of his dog after his ex-girlfriend took the pooch to California.
Thirty-four-year-old Craig Dershowitz told the New York Post that he's gone through his life savings but it's worth it.
Dershowitz considers his dog, Knuckles, his "son."
In papers filed earlier this year in Manhattan state Supreme Court, Dershowitz said ex-girlfriend Sarah Brega "kidnapped" Knuckles after they broke up.
Brega says Dershowitz gave her the puggle pup - half pug, half beagle.
The Post says Dershowitz has started a website to raise money for the custody fight. For $250, contributors can "play fetch with Knuckles."
The drive is off to a slow start. Dershowitz raised $85 in the first week.
new york, dogs, national/world
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase 12 min ago
- Teen killed over iPad in Las Vegas, 2 suspects arrested 13 min ago
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County 32 min ago
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- Search for missing college student from...
34 min ago
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
32 min ago