Newborn infant dies after dog attack at Ohio home
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - May 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Ohio coroner's investigator says a 3-day-old infant died hours after she was attacked by a family dog while sitting in a swing.
The investigator tells The Blade in Toledo the baby girl suffered head trauma at a home near Beaverdam in northern Allen County on Thursday evening. He says the attack apparently lasted only seconds.
He says the girl's parents were in a different room and said they didn't hear noises from the dog or the infant.
She was flown to a Toledo hospital, where she died. An autopsy was planned.
A sheriff's officer said the dog appeared to be a "pit bull" mix. It was put in the custody of the county dog warden.
baby death, ohio, national/world
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 17 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
17 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
3 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos