Texas boy suspended over NBA shave scores tickets
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - May 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 12-year-old Texas boy who was suspended from school after shaving his head to resemble the face of Spurs forward Matt Bonner scored tickets to a playoff game and props from his favorite NBA player.
Patrick Gonzalez was suspended for a day from Woodlake Hills Middle School because the district deemed his $75 haircut a distraction. He returned to class Thursday after reluctantly shaving his head.
Gonzalez says Bonner is his favorite player, noting they're both redheads.
Bonner, whose mother is a teacher, says the school could have just moved Gonzalez to the back of the room. Bonner sent Gonzalez a message, saying: "Keep supporting us redheads in the NBA."
Gonzalez's story prompted the Spurs to give him and his family tickets to Thursday's playoff game - against the Clippers.
texas, nba, national/world
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies