Flight diverted to Maine for 'security issue'
BANGOR, Maine - May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A US Airways flight flying from Paris to Charlotte, N.C., has been diverted to Maine because of what an airline spokesman describes as a "security issue."
Spokesman Andrew Christie says the Boeing 767 with 179 passengers and nine crew members was diverted around noon Tuesday to Bangor International Airport.
He says there was a "security issue" on Flight 787. He says a passenger exhibited suspicious behavior.
There was no immediate word from the airport.
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson 21 min ago
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft 30 min ago
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in North Wales, Pa. 28 min ago
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- Tornado-hit states brace for more bad storms
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos