Nancy Reagan recovering from broken ribs
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. - May 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Former first lady Nancy Reagan suffered broken ribs in a fall and is recovering slowly.
The announcement Tuesday was made at the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, where she was expected to attend a speech by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin.
Library executive director John Heubusch said from the stage that the former first lady was unable to attend because of her injury and was watching the event on TV at home.
Her spokeswoman Joanne Drake says Reagan has been adding a few appointments to her schedule but was advised by her doctor not to attend large events.
Heubusch says the fall at her Los Angeles home happened about six weeks ago.
The former first lady is 90 years old.
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 9 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School 20 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 40 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 33 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
9 min ago