Nancy Reagan recovering from broken ribs
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. - May 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Former first lady Nancy Reagan suffered broken ribs in a fall and is recovering slowly.
The announcement Tuesday was made at the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, where she was expected to attend a speech by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan of Wisconsin.
Library executive director John Heubusch said from the stage that the former first lady was unable to attend because of her injury and was watching the event on TV at home.
Her spokeswoman Joanne Drake says Reagan has been adding a few appointments to her schedule but was advised by her doctor not to attend large events.
Heubusch says the fall at her Los Angeles home happened about six weeks ago.
The former first lady is 90 years old.
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 19 min ago
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville 21 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure