Passenger restrained on flight to Miami arrested
MIAMI (AP) - May 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 24-year-old Canadian man is in federal custody for rushing toward the front of an American Airlines flight from Jamaica after the plane landed in Miami.
The FBI says Ryan Snider faces federal charges including interference with a flight crew. His court appearance is scheduled for Tuesday. It's not known if he has an attorney. The FBI says this wasn't terrorism-related and Snider is not on the "no fly list." It did not provide Snider's hometown.
Airline officials say the disoriented passenger stood up from his seat after landing Friday at Miami International Airport from Montego Bay. The flight was taxiing and he didn't obey crew member instructions to sit down. Authorities say he rushed toward the front and was subdued by some of the 165 passengers on flight 320.
air travel, american airlines, florida, national/world
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 42 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 37 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 50 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 53 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 41 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 43 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
27 min ago
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
24 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
43 min ago