Police: Hostages remain inside Ind. realty office
VALPARAISO, Ind. (AP) - May 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a gunman holding an unknown number of hostages inside an Indiana real estate office went to the business because he believes someone there owes him money.
Valparaiso Police Sgt. Michael Grennes says officers received a call Friday morning reporting a man with a gun inside the Prudential Executive Group Real Estate office.
He says officers exchanged shots with the gunman when they arrived. He does not have any information about injuries.
Grennes says some people have been able to leave the building but some employees remain inside Friday afternoon. He says he does not know how many.
Grennes says negotiators are in contact with the gunman, who he says went to the business because of a dispute over money. Grennes didn't have further details about the dispute.
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 19 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 32 min ago