Cargo flight clips passenger plane at O'Hare
CHICAGO (AP) - May 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say no one was hurt when the wing of a cargo plane taxiing at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport clipped the rudder of an American Eagle flight arriving from Missouri.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Tony Molinaro says the incident happened about 1 p.m. Wednesday.
Molinaro says EVA Flight 661 was scheduled to depart for Anchorage, Alaska. He says the Boeing 747 cargo plane clipped the rudder of American Eagle Flight 4265, which was a much smaller Embraer 135. That plane had just arrived from Springfield, Mo.
No injuries were reported. The FAA is investigating.
plane crash, chicago, illinois, national/world
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 24 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 50 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 43 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime 1 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- The 10-minute nose job
10 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
50 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off...
43 min ago