Ark. man charged in deadly beating with prosthesis
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) - June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Arkansas man is accused of using his prosthetic arm and a rock to beat another man to death.
Hot Springs police say 52-year-old Ray Allen Brown is charged with second-degree murder in the Tuesday night killing of 52-year-old Robert Brindley.
An arrest affidavit says Brown called police at 9:45 p.m. and said he was being threatened by another man. The Sentinel-Record reports that police arrived to find the victim lying in the road bleeding.
The affidavit says Brown told police he hit the man with his prosthetic arm, which sent him to the ground. Brown said he then picked up a rock and smashed Brindley's head.
He remained in jail Friday on $10,000 bond and has a court appearance set for June 12.
Information from: The Sentinel-Record,http://www.hotsr.com
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 55 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape 32 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
55 min ago
- Dead body found during Easter egg hunt
50 min ago