Ark. man charged in deadly beating with prosthesis
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) - June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Arkansas man is accused of using his prosthetic arm and a rock to beat another man to death.
Hot Springs police say 52-year-old Ray Allen Brown is charged with second-degree murder in the Tuesday night killing of 52-year-old Robert Brindley.
An arrest affidavit says Brown called police at 9:45 p.m. and said he was being threatened by another man. The Sentinel-Record reports that police arrived to find the victim lying in the road bleeding.
The affidavit says Brown told police he hit the man with his prosthetic arm, which sent him to the ground. Brown said he then picked up a rock and smashed Brindley's head.
He remained in jail Friday on $10,000 bond and has a court appearance set for June 12.
Information from: The Sentinel-Record,http://www.hotsr.com
- Large explosion, fire reported in East Harlem 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 29 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 6 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death