Ark. man charged in deadly beating with prosthesis
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) - June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Arkansas man is accused of using his prosthetic arm and a rock to beat another man to death.
Hot Springs police say 52-year-old Ray Allen Brown is charged with second-degree murder in the Tuesday night killing of 52-year-old Robert Brindley.
An arrest affidavit says Brown called police at 9:45 p.m. and said he was being threatened by another man. The Sentinel-Record reports that police arrived to find the victim lying in the road bleeding.
The affidavit says Brown told police he hit the man with his prosthetic arm, which sent him to the ground. Brown said he then picked up a rock and smashed Brindley's head.
He remained in jail Friday on $10,000 bond and has a court appearance set for June 12.
Information from: The Sentinel-Record,http://www.hotsr.com
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief 17 min ago