Hot air balloon crashes during mid-air wedding
SAN DIEGO (AP) - January 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A sunset wedding ceremony aboard a hot air balloon got off to a bumpy start when a gust of wind forced the pilot to make a crash landing in the yard of a San Diego home.
San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokesman Maurice Luque says one of the 14 people onboard suffered a minor back injury Monday.
The marrying couple said the gust caught the balloon just after they exchanged their vows, causing it to sway over the Rancho Penasquitos neighborhood.
The landing on a hillside fence behind the house was filmed by a member of the wedding party. Video showed the blue-and-yellow balloon draped over trees near the house afterward.
The couple continued to their reception.
accident, california, national/world
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released 11 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today 58 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion