Co-owner of Tenn. restaurant found dead in cooler
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- The co-owner of a Nashville restaurant has been found dead inside the restaurant's walk-in cooler and police say they believe he may have accidentally locked himself inside.
The Tennessean reports that 47-year-old Jay Luther was found dead inside the cooler at Germantown Cafe East when an employee arrived for work Monday morning.
Police said there was a power outage Friday night, and the restaurant put dry ice inside the cooler to preserve the food. When the power was restored Sunday, police said, Luther apparently went inside to check on the food and somehow became trapped.
Authorities said a button that normally opens the cooler from the inside wasn't working. Police said they believe Luther may have died from the carbon dioxide fumes created by the dry ice.
Information from: The Tennessean, http://www.tennessean.com
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 3 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 35 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
3 min ago