Co-owner of Tenn. restaurant found dead in cooler
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - June 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- The co-owner of a Nashville restaurant has been found dead inside the restaurant's walk-in cooler and police say they believe he may have accidentally locked himself inside.
The Tennessean reports that 47-year-old Jay Luther was found dead inside the cooler at Germantown Cafe East when an employee arrived for work Monday morning.
Police said there was a power outage Friday night, and the restaurant put dry ice inside the cooler to preserve the food. When the power was restored Sunday, police said, Luther apparently went inside to check on the food and somehow became trapped.
Authorities said a button that normally opens the cooler from the inside wasn't working. Police said they believe Luther may have died from the carbon dioxide fumes created by the dry ice.
Information from: The Tennessean, http://www.tennessean.com
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 41 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 25 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 45 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 45 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 45 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
41 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
45 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
45 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
31 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos